Window & Door Workshops
Workshops on How to Make Tilt-Turn, Double Hung, Casement Windows, and Lift-Slide Doors
- Decide the window or door type you want to make or learn.
- Register for one of our workshops focusing on your window or door topic. If you don't see a workshop meeting your interest, contact us. We arrange our workshop agenda based on the interests.
- Let's chat about your background, machinery, tools, supplies, and experience, and confirm the workshop.
- Arrive the day before and depart the day after the workshop.
- We already have the hotel room block, and we can pick you up at the Montrose (MTJ) airport.
- Enjoy the hands-on workshop with small number of attendees. And enjoy Ridgway, Ouray, and even other activities in the area! Some enjoy a mini-vacation with their significant others, too.
- After the workshop, stay in touch on your projects.
Workshop topic and agenda can change, determined together with the interested and signed-up attendees.
• Any Window and Door Workshop: USD 2,195.00
Check out the set of link options at the bottom to register or find out more!
What Alpiner says...
We sincerely thank Alpiners who took their time writing up their thoughts and feedback to make our workshop experience better over the years. Here are some of them:
"I left Alpine absolutely confident I could do anything with a shaper. Anything.”
- Mackenzie Strawn, Stayton Wood Windows, Stayton, OR, on Shaper Workshop, June 2013.
"[I] wanted to thank everyone again for putting on a fantastic workshop. Wow, wish I had taken this class a while ago so I could get the most out of my shaper!”
- T.S., FL, on Advanced Joinery Workshop, April 2019.
"Alpine Technical Workshop provides a singular experience for anyone wanting to establish, develop, or refine a modern window business. Not only will you understand the manufacturing aspects in considerable detail, but you will learn how to apply a business model that will accelerate the process. No other educational experience, that I have had compares to this. And I'm 63!”
- Hastings Read, Oakleigh Custom Woodworks, Mobile, AL, on Double Hung & Casement Window Workshop, April 2014.
"This was by far one of the best workshops I have ever attended. Joe's knowledge and calm demeanor provide a model for all to aspire to.”
- Patrick Molzahn, Cabinetmaking & Millwork Program Director, Madison Area Technical College, Madison, WI, on Euro Window & Door Workshop, February 2013.
"The workshop was put together both from a logistic and technical point of view incredibly well ! Both Joe and Greg were very helpful. Joe is very good at treating you as a fellow professional - an equal in the trade, which is important for learning. I appreciate their time and effort, it went very smoothly!”
- Peter Gagliardi, Bancroft Custom Woodworks, Williamstown, MA, on Shaper Workshop, June 2013.
Others Alpiners' feedback can be read here.
Who come to our Advanced Joinery workshops?
At Alpine, we provide woodworkers from across the world, incluidng Canada, Australia, Bhutan, the instructions, demostration, and hands-on opportunities on building beautiful, higher energy-efficient windows and doors. Some are building windows and doors for their own home. Others are windows and doors manufacturers who are new or want to get a refresher training. Few are also shop owners who want to seek effective ways to optmize their manufacturing workflow, skills, and production output.
Our original Euro Window & Door class is an in-depth, hands-on session which covers the skills and knowledge needed to build European-style Tilt & Turn windows and Lift & Slide doors. When not running Alpine sessions, instructor Joe Calhoon is a master joiner with over 30 years of experience crafting these styles. This workshop will get you comfortable and experienced with all aspects of building windows and doors, from machining and joinery to sourcing components, finishing and glazing, and understanding how to implement these processes at your shop.
This workshop's topics include when applicable but are not limited to: Stock making (lamination), making and layout of parts, finishing, storm-proofing, milling and joining frame parts, milling sash balances, installation of hardware, gaskets, threshold and glass. As with any Alpine workshop, the limited session sizes allow for the workshop topics to be custom adjusted to fit the group's needs and interests.
For more information on this workshop, we encourage you to contact us with your questions. We'd love to hear about your next project and help you find out if this class is right for you!
Register. Explore workshop schedule or checklist.
"It starts with knowledge…"
Alpine Technical Workshop
Euro Windows and Doors.